Dear, Daniel,
I have a difficult customer who seems to complain about everything from the way I talk down to why some websites are collecting cookies or Internet issues that HPL has no control over. Is there any way to assist this customer without groveling? It seems that every time someone tries to assist him, he calls a supervisor and puts in a complaint form even though we’re all doing our very best to help!
Cantankerous over Customer
Y’all, If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times, some customers just can’t be satisfied, which of course leads to conflicts on whether or not to continue providing the same customer service we give to everyone else. What I would like everyone to remember is we must treat each and every person with the same respect we would give to anyone else, regardless of their attitudes.
There are forms of verbal abuse that we DO NOT have to take and we expect you to report, which of course would be yelling, cursing, and insults. If these ever occur, please inform them this is not acceptable and if they continue, they will be removed from the library. If they do continue, get security immediately and then call a supervisor. As we know, I’ve had several customers removed for these actions.
Some customers are going to complain. Some customers are going to be rude. If they wish to fill out a form for any reason then they are obliged to do so. We treat our customers as we would like ourselves to be treated. If they do not respond in the same way, then so be it. As long as we’re acting right, we’re in the right.
If you have a topic you would like discussed on “Dear, Daniel”, please feel free to email, call the office number or write an anonymous note and leave it on my chair. Please don’t put it on my desk; we all know it’ll be years before I see it. :) All entries are kept anonymous unless otherwise requested.
No comments:
Post a Comment