Friday, April 9, 2010

Dear Daniel: Pursued By Paparazzi

Dear Daniel,

It could be my natural beauty. Or it could be the coming change in hours. Either way, I’ve been noticing more of the Media around. What should I do when I see the Press on the Plaza, in the building, or, more importantly, when they want to talk to me?

Pursued by Paparazzi


Pursued,

While I'm certain you are gorgeous, I have a feeling it may have more to do with the hours. There are a couple of rules I need to point out here: Never speak to teh media as a HPL employee and the media can film all it likes on the Plaza (as long as they don't get faces in the shot without permission), however they need special permission from Sandra Fernandez in our Public Relations Department before filming/interviewing inside the library.

Now you may ask, "Why can't I be interviewed as an HPL employee?" When you go on camera as an employee of HPL, you are a representative as HPL. All of your opinions will be regarded as the opinions of the entire organization. (Also, someone gets paid to do it and we don't want to take their job!) Should the media ever try to speak with you, tell them to feel free to call our Administrative Offices at Marston and speak with Sandra Fernandez. Should they ever take your image (camera shot of your face) without your permission, please feel free to let them know you do not wish to be shown on TV.

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment